Preserve The Value Of Your Car With Regular Vehicle Maintenance
There might come a time in your life when you’re going to consider selling your vehicle or using it as collateral to get access to a part of its value. In any case, you’ll be able to receive a higher sum if your car has been regularly serviced.
What does the routine maintenance of a vehicle include and how is the car value determined? Let’s dive deeper into the topic!
What Does Regular Vehicle Maintenance Include?
Below you will find an example of a routine vehicle maintenance checklist. Do bear in mind that the exact timeframes might vary for your car model, so make sure to consult the owner’s guide. If, at one point, you experience any issues with one of the components, you should take the car to a professional as soon as possible without waiting for your next checkup.
- Top up your oil and coolant and check all the other main fluid levels.
- Check the pressure in the tires and the tread depth.
- Turn on your headlights, turn signals, and parking lights, and visually inspect them. when. you’re parked. Have a friend check your brake lights.
Every Few Months
- Fully replace the old oil and get a new oil filter.
- Rotate your tires.
- Wax your vehicle to help extend the paint’s life.
- Check your car battery at least twice a year.
Once A Year
- Replace your air filter.
- Get a transmission and a coolant fluid flush.
- Change the transfer case fluid.
- Inspect shocks, struts, spark plugs, serpentine belts, and front and/or rear differential (usually done by a professional).
As The Seasons Change
If the region where you live gets all four seasons, you would also have to think about changing your tires and checking your antifreeze levels. Windshield wipers typically need to be replaced once a year, but you might want to switch them up for winter wiper blades when the temperatures drop.
Extreme temperatures can affect the performance of the battery. You might want to conduct a battery test every few months instead of twice a year if it gets very hot or cold where you live.
How Does The Condition Of The Car Affect Its Value?
People who are experts in personal finances know that a vehicle will start losing its value as soon as you drive it out of the car salon. Within the first year, most cars lose up to a fifth of their value. After that, they can continue to lose around 15% each year, until they reach the 4- or 5-year mark.
The car value is comprised of not only the year, make, and model, but also of the condition of the vehicle. Here are just a few examples of the factors that will be taken into consideration when evaluating your four-wheeled friend:
- The logbook record – by keeping and maintaining your car service logbook, you’ll be able to boost the vehicle’s value as the buyer or lender would see exactly what they’re getting.
- Car exterior features – dents, rust, and scratches will lower the market price of the car.
- Car internal features – the condition of the interior and any upgrades would be considered as well.
How Much Can You Get with Fast Auto Loans, Inc.?
Fast Auto Loans, Inc. is a reputable financial services provider with hundreds of 5-star reviews on Google. The company is committed to helping those who are experiencing problems with their personal finances by offering competitive title loans.
With the lender, you might be able to qualify for up to $15,000 and receive the money as soon as the following bank business day. By the way, if the loan has been transacted before 12 p.m., you might get your hands on the much-needed cash…the same day!
Would You Have To Drive To The Store?
One of the best things about doing business with Fast Auto Loans, Inc. is that you wouldn’t have to drive to the store to get your car inspected. The verification agent can come to a location that has been chosen by you which can literally be right across the street from your house.
Once the professional has had a chance to inspect your car and have a look at your documents, you’ll find out whether you qualify or not and for how much. The whole process might take only 30 minutes.
Find Out How Much You Can Qualify For Today!
Your vehicle is definitely a valuable asset, and you would want to make sure that it holds its value for as long as possible. All the time that you have spent maintaining your car in excellent condition would certainly pay off when you’re offered a generous amount for it.
With Fast Auto Loans, Inc, for example, you might be able to qualify for up to $15,000 in just 30 minutes. Ready to get started? Then submit an inquiry right now!
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.