When It's Time to Get a Vehicle Title Loan
A vehicle title loan is typically an option for bad-credit borrowers requiring fast cash. But it isn't a solution for long-term financial issues. Instead, you should only use them for one-off emergencies. Luckily, the type of situation justifying a title loan varies massively.
We'll uncover a plethora of scenarios that could indicate it's time to get a car title loan right here.
When Should You Get A Vehicle Title Loan?
1. To Fund Emergency Home Repairs
A little leak dripping from the roof. A musty smell in the loft. A cracked front door. There's simply no escaping the fact that your home will need repairing at some point (yes, on top of seasonal maintenance). And naturally, it will cost money.
If you don't have enough cash saved in an emergency fund, you can turn to a vehicle title loan. Depending on the value of your vehicle, you can borrow a substantial amount, allowing you to fund the repairs necessary for keeping your home and loved ones safe.
Some common emergency home repairs we've funded through title loans are:
- Burst or leaky pipes (look for decreased water pressure, moisture on walls, cloudy water, etc.)
- Leaky roof (look for watermarks on ceilings, visible roof damage, beams of light through attic ceiling, mold on exterior walls, etc.)
- Broken water heat (look for bad-smelling water, rusty or orange-colored water, strange noises from the heater, etc.)
- Gas leak (look for bubbles in standing water, foul-smelling house, dirt in the air, unusual sounds, etc.)
- Furnace problems (look for puddles around your furnace, increased energy bills, etc.)
- Electrical problems (look for extremely hot outlets, damaged wires, dead outlets, lights flickering or dimming, etc.)
- Mold growth (look for visible signs of mold, musty smells, and physical ailments like itchy eyes)
- Pests (look for damaged wooden structures, noticeable wall or wire damage, unusual bug bites, droppings or termite wings, etc.)
2. To Pay For Unexpected, Urgent Travel Costs
Vacations are all fun and games until an emergency arises back home, and same-day flights cost an arm and a leg.
Since it probably wasn't in your initial holiday budget, it's unlikely you have the money to shell out on early flights unless you have a solid emergency fund. Therefore, many of our clients get car title loans to fund their urgent trips home.
3. To Cover Unforeseen Medical Bills
Medical bills are infamous for their cost, especially when you've undergone severe treatment, surgery, or rehabilitation. In fact, even with the best health insurance, you still have to pay the deductible, which can be too much for those without a somewhat-established emergency fund.
Luckily, you can use a vehicle title loan to cover the unexpected costs.
Often, medical insurance won't cover the following treatments or procedures, meaning you'd have to fund the entire amount out-of-pocket:
- Cosmetic procedures, including plastic surgery and some dermatological treatments
- Off-label prescriptions (i.e., medication prescribed for something other than the ailments listed on the label)
- New medical products or drugs
- Fertility treatments
4. To Fund Veterinary Treatment
Vet fees can cost almost as much as human medical bills (depending on the treatment needed), and while most of us would do anything for our furry friends, it still wreaks havoc on our bank accounts. So, plenty of people use a title loan to cover these typically unexpected costs.
5. When You Have No Other Options
At the end of the day, the time is right for a title loan if you have nowhere else to turn. After all, they're designed with urgent scenarios in mind!
Our Vehicle Title Loan Process
If it's time to get a title loan, follow our step-by-step guide below:
- Complete the simple form found on this website.
- Wait for one of our expert loan representatives to give you a call to discuss the process, answer questions, and ensure you have the necessary documents. At this point, you'll also decide whether to meet at your local Fast Auto Loans, Inc. store or a more convenient destination like your office or home.
- Regardless, head to that location with your state-issued photo ID card, lien-free title to your vehicle, and your vehicle itself.
- When you arrive, one of our loan associates examines your vehicle and documents to determine whether you qualify for approval. We offer title loans between $300 and $15,000, based on the value of your car, truck, or van.
- If approved, finish the paperwork with the loan associate's help. It just involves signing a few documents.
- Finally, you receive the money you need on the same or the very next business day.
Submit Your Vehicle Title Loan Request For Fast Money Today!
Knowing when it’s time to apply for a title loan is key to handling your emergency in a timely manner. No matter your crisis, complete our simple online title loan inquiry form for a quick call back. You'll receive the money in just 24 hours.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.