Couples Finance Tips For Newlyweds
March 24, 2021 | Emma Frost
Did you know that money emergencies can ruin the quality of your life and marriage? That's because they cause doubt, insecurity, and stress - three things that reduce happiness and make love take a backseat. So, what do you do as newlyweds to stop that from happening? Besides making a fair budget and tracking your spending, there are other options as well.
How To Be Fair About Couples Finances
To be fair with finances when you're in a relationship, you must consider both partners' needs. Also, it's important to make room for entertainment, hobbies, recreation, and romance. So, keep things on an even keel by putting aside enough cash for each person to feel in control of their lifestyle. If things ever change, you'll have a foundation to work with while you restructure the budget.
How To Track Your Couples Finances
The only way to make sure everything is fair with your couple's finances is by tracking each person's income and spending habits. Create individual budgets and then combine those budgets to develop a "team plan." Afterward, use that plan to determine how money should be distributed or redistributed within the relationship. It's best to keep things as close to 50/50 as possible, but some circumstances call for a larger gap.
Furthermore, budgeting as a couple can help each partner feel more compassionate toward the other. When we know the struggles our loved ones face, we're more capable of helping if they need it. Thus, being smart about spending is a great way to offer consistent support to your spouse.
3 Tips For Boosting Your Budget As Newlyweds
As newlyweds, you and your spouse face many challenges. Money management is one of them. In fact, cash flow issues are responsible for many breakups and divorces. So, it's important to boost your budget whenever you can. Here are three tips to help you out when it comes to your couple's finances.
1. Curb Your Spending For A Little While
Even if your spouse's love language is receiving gifts, you don't have to spend a fortune to make them happy. Purchasing expensive gifts all the time can be just the thing to hurt your couple's finances. Instead, cut back a bit by purchasing items on sale or by making things on your own. When it comes to love, DIY can go a long way. Add romantic gifts into the budget if you can.
2. Try To Increase Your Income As Much As Possible
It goes without saying that more money means more freedom. And it also means you are in a better position to improve your couple's finances. So, give your spouse something to smile about by making as much cash as you can each month. If possible, invest your extra funds into a high-yield savings account or buy stocks for bonus bucks. Start a side gig with your spouse to spend time together while making an extra income.
3. Get Title Loans In Arizona To Help With Emergencies
Emergencies are a big problem when it comes to couples' finances. In Arizona, you have the option of taking out a title loan when you have an emergency expense you can’t handle on your own. Wondering what is a title loan? Well, title loans are loans you can get when you use your vehicle’s lien-free title as collateral. In fact, in Fast Auto Loans, Inc., borrowers can get as much as $15,000 if they qualify for approval. You can then take that money to pay off emergency expenses that are keeping your budget tight.
How To Get Title Loans In Arizona
Believe it or not, it isn't hard to get title loans in Arizona. Thanks to our loan representatives at Fast Auto Loans, Inc., you can get in and get out with the money you need within minutes – if we can approve you. Best of all, the application process starts online and we only require you to bring in three items for inspection.
So, if you want to know how to get title loans in Arizona by the end of the day, follow these three easy steps:
- Step One: Go online to fill out an application to give us your basic information. Just head down to our website. There, you can look at reviews and read blogs for more information while you wait. After that, a loan agent will set up an appointment to complete the rest of the process. They can also answer any beginning questions you may have.
- Step Two: Gather all the necessary items before your face-to-face meeting. The good thing about this meeting is you have the option of giving the loan representative a location to meet you or you can come into the nearest title loan places. Either way, you choose, you still have to have the required items with you. That includes having your government-issued driver's license or photo ID, the lien-free title of the car in your name, and the vehicle for a quick inspection.
- Step Three: Let the loan representative examine your vehicle and items to determine if you qualify. If they can approve you, they will go over your loan terms and agreement. Ask your questions and sign your contract once you understand everything. Take a moment to read over your contract and ask any questions you might have. Then sign the paperwork to receive the cash you need either right then or the next bank business day.
Just because you're a new couple doesn't mean you have to live with old debt. As newlyweds, do your best to erase the past for a brighter financial future. So take these tips with you when you want to improve your couple's finances.